Nov 13, 2013

The Comfort of Prayers And A Song

The aftermath of Typhoon Haiyan has left a heavy feeling in my heart for the past few days. I have said I was crying on the inside, but I find sometimes that tears would just well up when I read about the plight of the people of Tacloban and neighboring provinces. 

Although I am touched with grief and helplessness, I also feel blessed with the outpouring of prayers and relief support from all over the world. Crisis do bring out the good in most people who sympathize, pray, and give whatever they could, in terms of basic necessities and services.
The victims of the typhoon at this moment, in far flung areas and out of reach of communication may not be able to thank each one of you personally, but I know in my heart that they are grateful for all your prayers, support, kindness, and love. 

They say that a heart that is focused on God knows how to worship and give praise, regardless of the circumstances. It's something I am learning and re-learning as we go through the pruning seasons of life.  

I suppose in a country frequently ravaged by storms and flooding, and some earthquakes once in a while, there is no other contemporary song more popular than this:


        

How very comforting to know that there is a God bigger than all of these...a God in whom we can rest our weary souls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis