Sep 11, 2012

Blog Awards No. 2 : Liebster Blog Award

Yesterday morning, as I checked the comments on iHeart Good Health, my interest was piqued by this teaser comment from Sarah of Not My Own Anymore.  Turns out that I was a nominee for the Liebster Blog Award.  Take note that this blog (Miss Aileen A) is not the recipient but rather my other blog that is all about my health journeys.  Not wanting to deviate from that niche, I blogged about this award here, where it is more fit because anything goes here.

I'm not really sure where this award originated from but it's awarded for those bloggers who are new to blogging or have less than 200 followers.  So I guess I qualify on the last one.  The word "liebster" may mean a lot of things such as dearest, beloved, even sweetheart.  Anyway, it's a little bit of work but here are the rules before receiving the award.

The Rules (copied from Sarah's blog) 
  1. Each person must list 11 things about themselves
  2. Answer the 11 questions that the tagger has set for you plus you must CREATE 11 questions of your own for the 11 people you will nominate with this award.
  3. Choose up to 11 bloggers linking them to your post.
  4. Go to their page and inform them of the nomination.
  5. Absolutely NO tags back.  Remember to ONLY tag bloggers with less than 200 followers.

I'm supposed to  list down 11 things about me but I've already done this activity previously so if you're interested, head over to 30 Things About Me.  See? I even topped the required number.  Hahaha!

Now, the answers to Sara's 11 questions:
  
What do you love most about blogging ?
I love the interaction between fellow writers.  It's really a joy to write and get meaningful feed backs that are either encouraging or equally informative.  I also love reading other writers' articles and leaving comments that I hope makes sense somehow hehehe.

What  was the first song or tune that you sang ? 
Oh my...I really don't remember.  I hear stories of my parents telling me I used to dance to "Pearly Shells" so maybe I sang that too.  

What was the first gift  that you had ever received ?
I would assume it's a material gift you're referring to.  Otherwise, it would be the gift of life and love of course. I don't really remember what material gift I first got (I'm sounding like Dory from Nemo).  It's got to be a toy, like a doll from my parents.  From my bestfriend, it's an inspirational book and a cassette tape of Don Moen.

What is one historical story in your family that you are most proud of?
I'm probably related to the first president of the republic but I have not been able to really trace it.  I bear his surname though and if we are indeed related, well, need I say more? 

When did you first learn to go home on your own?
Probably when I was in high school when I got left behind by the school service.  I walked home.  I learned to commute on my own when I was already in college.  Late bloomer lol!

When did you first learn to live on your own ?
When I was about 26 yrs old and that was  __ years ago lol!  I had to because my mom opted to live in the province after the owner of our rented apartment of 26 years decided they didn't want to rent it out anymore.  Since I work here in Manila, I had to learn to live on my own.

Who is your favorite author and why?
Oh I have a lot of favorite authors and I can't really choose one.  There's Jane Austen for "Pride and Prejudice" that I absolutely adore. It's my all time favorite classic novel. Then there are the inspiring stories in the various books of Francis Kong.  I also love Stormie Omartian's "Power of a Praying Woman"  and then Paulo Coelho's "The Alchemist"

What is (are) your favorite  movie(s) that touched on  history or based on real life events ?

What do you do when you experience writer's block?
I do other things or surf the net until I get inspired.  When I do get to writing, I don't stop until I finish what I'm writing.  I like to strike while the iron is hot so to speak. I like to write about something I am enthusiastic or passionate about. 

What book or story that you will never get tired of reading?
Pride and Prejudice.  I just love the character of Elizabeth.

What difficult decision had you done in your life that was worth it?
I decided to follow a faith different from the one I grew up with.

My 11 nominees are: 
(Note: I haven't got the time to browse all your posts so if you got this award before, my apologies)
1.  Warayblogger
2.  Marie's Thoughts
3.  Madjewelled
4.  Memoirs of a Sassy Girl
5.  Chartreuse Amour
6.  Mommy Unwired
7.  High Tea
8.  Geca's Realm
9.  My Indulgence
10.  My Food, Your Food, Our Food
11.  The Musings of a Hopeful Pecunious Wordsmith Sittie Cates


Do humor me and answer these 11 questions I have listed for you:

  1. Not a question per se, but do describe yourself in a few sentences, something like a getting to know you activity.
  2. What's the main reason you started blogging?
  3. What five blogs are on top of your reading list?
  4. What's the best thing that has ever happened to you in the blogging world?
  5. What's your all time favorite book and movie? 
  6. What hobbies do you engage in?
  7. What's your daily fitness / workout routine?
  8. Got any special talents you'd like to share?
  9. What's your main principle or belief in life?
  10. Who is/are your personal hero/heroes in life?
  11. What's the best gift you'd like to receive this Christmas? (Just for the sake of asking...so don't get any ideas that I'm about to give out gifts lol!) 
There you have it...such a lengthy post!  Thanks Sarah for this award which is quite a challenge for me hehehe.  Been drafting it since yesterday morning.  Appreciate it though. 



19 comments:

  1. It was a joy reading your post Aileen. I also love Schindler's List and Glory. I also am amazed that you are related to the first President of the Philippines. And I like your eleventh question. Lol! You definitely saved the best one for last.

    Blessings !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glory is the only war movie that I cried to. Good thing I was just watching it at the comfort of home hehehe. Thanks again Sarah! I enjoyed this activity. :-)

      Delete
  2. Congrats, sis Aileen! And thank you for including me, too! Super duper thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you'll enjoy answering these questions as you are fond of interviews...although now you're on the other side of the table. :-)

      Delete
  3. hi aileen, you're so sweet for remembering my humble blog, now extracting my rusty brain cells for my own 11 questions >.<

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I liked Glory, too!!!Just to expand further, what were the coolest songs you listened to growing up?

    (Hang out muna ako sa blog mo because google is taking too looooong to fix my blog!!!grrrr!!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha andyan ka pala sis! Awww I really hope maayos na blog mo. I've been checking it from time to time eh. When I tagged you for the awards, I can still view with the old URL but can't open the respective posts...now error 404 na...Hopefully, maayos din agad ng blogger.

      Coolest songs? Yaiks mabubuko ang age ko hahaha! Let's see...I love Cyndi Lauper's True Colors and Time After Time. I like Madonna's Crazy For You and Live to Tell.

      Delete
    2. Hehe, love those songs too. Yan ang mga pambato ko sa mga sing-along haha

      Delete
  5. cONGRAtulations Aileen! More blog awards for you soon and more blessings.
    See you around alright?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wohooo! Thanks for this award, sis. I hope I can do this one. :-) By the way, I like the idea of having two blogs. Galing-galing mo, Miss A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! This one is the anything goes blog hehehe. The other one is a niche blog kasi kaya as much as I can, I don't want to deviate sa topic. :-)

      Delete
  7. Hi Aileen...uh-oh, just as I thought, you have been nominated...but guess what? I also nominated you again for the Liebster Blog Award but this time for this blog :) Check out my post in my blog and well, you may or may not follow the rules again I believe :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jovell! I suppose I can already put the badge here as well :-)

      Delete
  8. What? My blog is included in your lists(big eyes,lol) Honestly sis,don't know why you like my blog,lol! Well,you know me sis,I'm not a writer,haha! Anyway sis,thank you thank you(with a big smile,lol)!
    I really enjoy reading your posts sis from your blogs,if I have extra time online and I wanted to check on blogs. You deserve the award and more awards to come. Congratulations sis! Big kiss for you! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to reading your entry sis! :-)

      Delete
    2. Naku sis,the problem is,no time pa po ako for blogging. I just post new recipes para ln di madelete blog ko,hehe! Pag nakita kong 3 months na pala ako wa post,punta na ko sa triond para tignan kung ano mapost ko sa blog ko sa mga recipes na napublished ko sa triond,hehe!

      Delete
  9. Hey! Hey!

    Thanks Ate A! :)
    Will make a post about it! ♥

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis