Oct 30, 2015

{Day 30} What Can You Do In Five Minutes?

Five @ Freedigitalphotos
I'm skipping the word prompt for this day as I write this a day ahead.  I will be on vacation starting Friday so, I'm doing this now.

It's been an exciting ride doing this challenge and it's almost done. Woohoo!

Five-minute free writes....not exactly as I don't write that fast.  It takes time for me to compose a written article.  So I guess, I only got the "free writes" part right and I followed most of the word prompts except on two occasions, this one being the second time.  Twice, I think I was able to actually finish in five minutes.  Anyway, I just like to be honest on that part.

But, what can we really do in five minutes?  Oh so many things, and these can make quite an impact:

  • Pray.  In just five minutes, we could have prayed for a lot of people already, or just simply talk with God and spend time with Him.  
  • Read.  How many chapters of the Bible can you finish in five minutes? Or perhaps some devotional materials?  Or maybe a blog post from an inspiring writer?
  • Talk with a friend.  Someone could use some cheering up and maybe five minutes is all it takes
  • Walk for five minutes or more, and you'll be doing your body a lot of good
  • Write. It doesn't have to be a lengthy post, but a short one that can touch other people or inspire others, that's five minutes well spent
  • Think things over before you decide. Maybe five minutes is not enough but it's a start to a final decision.
  • Rest.  Even for just five minutes, and then you're good to go again

It's easy to waste time because we think we have a limitless supply.  In eternity, yes, but in this temporal life, time is very precious.  What we do with our time determines a lot of the things that happen in our lives.  Whatever you do, make those five minutes count.  

As for me, I think I'll do a five minute stretch as I've been sitting here for quite sometime.  Time to stretch those stiff muscles.

How about you?  What can you do in five minutes?


This is Day 30 of the series
31 Days of Free Writes: A Journey of Faith.
Read the rest of the posts here.

To read about what hundreds of others are writing
about, head on over this link and also here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis