May 21, 2012

I Missed The Solar Eclipse




Hinode Observes 2011 Annular Solar Eclipse by NASA Goddard Photo and Video



How could I have missed the solar eclipse this morning?  Actually, I didn't know there was going to be one.  I wasn't able to watch the news (when do I ever do that?) or surf the net yesterday.  Also, I was again in a rush to go to work.  I woke up late.  Call it the Monday blues.  I just wasn't ready to part with my soft pillow this morning.  Ever since the weather became cooler, I found it harder to get up early in the morning.

I asked my colleague what time the eclipse occurred and she said it was somewhere between 5 to 7 a.m.  Was I that preoccupied to have missed it totally within that 2-hr span?  I do remember being cranky or edgy during that time.  In fact, I had to hide away for a while in my office cubicle, away from everyone else.  I felt that the slightest provocation could set me off.  I don't understand why.  It couldn't possible be that I was almost running late because that has happened a lot of times.  

I'm not really into astrology stuff...at least not anymore.  I used to be fascinated by that, but my new found faith changed that, so I don't read horoscopes anymore and I veer from things dealing with occultism.  But I am curious if there is a scientific explanation for such an occurrence to affect man, particularly his moods.  All I got are funny answers here and absurd ideas here.  So I'll stop right there before I get cranky again.  Seriously, my crankiness subsided at curiously the same time as the eclipse was about to end.  

Maybe it's just coincidence.  I'll wait for another one next year and see if I feel like that again hahaha!  But what I do know is that eclipse or no eclipse, I need to always have my emotions and moods in check.  Call it self-awareness.  It's a good thing that I realized I wasn't my good self and I knew the best thing is to divert my attention for a while, and try to understand why I am feeling that way.  Believe me, I am clueless.  I was trying to recall what I dreamed about last night but my memory failed me.  

Controlling my emotions and occasional mood swings has served me well but not without the hard lessons of the past.  Now, as much as I can, I let out steam when there's no one around.  It was a good call on my part early this morning to zoom out of the picture for a while until my bad mood oozed out of my system.  

Now, I am happy to say that I am as bright and sunny as the sun is shining on this hot day.  No damages so far hahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis