Jul 11, 2012

Chilling Out With Cool Jazz

Headphones by Kashirin Nickolai
Headphones, a photo by Kashirin Nickolai on Flickr.
It must have been ages ago since I visited my music files as I got into the mood of arranging the playlists on my mp3 player.   And so I came across the jazz folder that I rarely listen to.  I was never really much into jazz until my good friend rubbed it on me some years ago.  Before that, I was just into those pop music.  Well, at least now, I get to appreciate more types of music. 

Going back to the jazz folder, there is this song that I really, really love but I must have forgotten all about it.  I played it yesterday and I was reminded that it was a damaged file as there is that portion somewhere that seemed to fast forward a bit.  Such a pity.  So what does one do about that? 

There are things in life that one will consider precious, like gems.  Much like when we find a truly good friend right?  Or probably the One, the missing half that makes the whole.  And this song, I consider as such more so because it is the only song in that whole album that I came to love.  Knowing me when it comes to music, you simply don't let go of great songs...so I managed to get a good copy of the song.  Alright!

What I do love about this song is the cool, relaxed melody.  That always gets to me before I even hear the lyrics.  The wordings, well, it does have a romantic streak in it, the good old love song of some 15 years ago.  So what was I doing that time?  I'll give in to a little nostalgia here while I (and maybe you also, if you will oblige) listen again to this song.  It's Mark Portmann's "Come As You Are" performed by Bill Champlin from the album No Truer Words.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis