Oct 4, 2013

{Five Minute Friday}: Just Write

Hey, hey, hey!  I thought I'd do the Five Minute Friday (FMF) drill in a different venue (blog, that is).  I usually do this at A Cup of Coffee With God, but since the topic is about writing, I thought I'd do it here instead.

For those who are not familiar with the FMF party, please head on over at Lisa-Jo's fab place to get acquainted with how this thing works.  Simply put, you just write for 5 minutes straight on the word prompt for the week.  Anything that comes to mind.  No serious editing, you just write.  Then link up your post to the fabulous women who write on the same topic.

Sounds fun?  I'd like to see you there!

Word prompt: WRITE

GO.

I have always loved to read books.  It was just a matter of time.  True enough, sometime later, I don't know the exact age, but I had the desire to write.  I wanted to be a contributor to the school magazine, but I haven't got the nerve to submit any audition piece.  I felt inadequate, not really knowing what to write about.  I know I hated doing essays back then, but I realize, it's because I never got to choose the topic I like to write about.

So the dream of becoming a published writer was shelved for decades, until I was introduced to blogging. The blog sort of turned into an online journal, that also got axed after a time.  Blog after senseless blogging...I stopped...again.  I mean who would really read those trivial things about me?  I was writing with no purpose but just to blabber.  Alright, I'll call that practicing.

It was just last year that I really got serious again with writing.  The desire to write just wouldn't go away.  Maybe it's because I needed to express my thoughts.  I am a talkative writer, if I may call myself as such.  But this time, I hope that I am writing more purposefully.  

Writer, blogger, whatever.  I will simply write, but with the hopes that somehow, the words I string together may bless someone, somehow, whether it be about health and fitness, faith, or simply the things that interest me.

STOP.


Five Minute Friday

2 comments:

  1. Oh those feelings of inadequacy! Don't they plague us? But yes! Write with the hope it will bless someone! It did tonight! Thank you.
    Stopping by from FMF :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by, Carol :-)

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis