Oct 1, 2015

{Day 1} Calling: Life's Great Purpose

I have always believed in my heart that I am called for a purpose, that very purpose for which God breathed life in me.  I believe that God has put that in each of our hearts and we will never find the kind of fulfillment that satisfies that God-given need until we know our particular calling in life. 

I remember in one of the pastor's sermon when he said that we will never know our true and ultimate calling unless we are first right with God, and we have that kind of relationship with Him that He desires. I found myself agreeing with that line of thought.  For how can we know our calling if we do not know the God who calls us?

I am always in awe when I see youths and young adults burning with passion for God, and at such young age, they already know their purpose.  It's not that I don't have purpose at my age.  It's that there is this knowledge that I am meant to do more than what I am doing right now.  I am not disheartened that in my forty something years, I am still trying to find out my one true calling.  In fact, I am very much looking for that day when God gives me the great assignment of my life.  It's not about the age and we know that from the Old Testament in the lives of Abraham, Moses, Noah and so many men and women who God used even in their so-called twilight years. 

Meanwhile, I make myself ready for that time when God calls me and asks me to step off the boat and walk on the water with Him.  For our great calling entails such kind of faith, and oh how it will open doors to endless possibilities...all for the honor and glory of God.


"To this end we always pray for you, that our God may make you worthy of his calling and may fulfill every resolve for good and every work of faith by his power,"
                                                            -- 2 Thessalonians 1:11 (ESV)

For further reading: 10 Ways to Determine God's Calling in Your Life


This is Day 1 of the series
31 Days of Free Writes: A Journey of Faith.
Read the rest of the posts here.

To read about what hundreds of others are writing
about, head on over this link and also here.





No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis