Oct 14, 2015

{Day 14}: To Fly Is To Fall Upwards

Today's word prompt:  FLY


Sometimes, I wonder what it feels like to be weightless like birds, to be able to fly in the air, see the view from the top.  Wonder what it feels like to have strong wings to lift me up from the ground, but I know that's just the remnants of some childhood fantasies.  Obviously, we humans are not as light as birds, and so we stay grounded, weighed down by the pull of gravity.

Flying is freedom.  And it's freedom that we long for in our hearts.  We long to be free from worries, troubles, pains, sufferings, the dead weight of sins...  When we carry all that weight, we cannot fly free and experience the fullness of life.  We stay on the ground, chained by all of that.  

Have you ever listened to this song by Hillsong? "Touch the Sky" speaks of the kind of freedom we can all experience, when we live a life surrendered to God.  It's like we never have to wonder what it's like up there because we can actually touch the sky with our heart, soul, and spirit.

This song is so full of beautiful irony. We know and experience true freedom when we lay it all at His feet.

This is my favorite part of the song:



My heart beating, my soul breathing
I found my life when I laid it down
Upward falling, spirit soaring
I touch the sky when my knees hit the ground






And so....

"I found heaven as love swept low..."





This is Day 14 of the series
31 Days of Free Writes: A Journey of Faith.
Read the rest of the posts here.

To read about what hundreds of others are writing
about, head on over this link and also here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis