Oct 27, 2015

{Day 27}: Perhaps It's Time

Today's word prompt: PERHAPS



Balloons @ Freedigitalphotos.net

Sometimes they say that hurt people hurt people. I don't really know. Sometimes, people just do things for no certain reasons but then some, out of whatever motivation they have.

Perhaps, she didn't know that it hurt me when she wrote a letter. That letter said I wasn't good enough of a friend because I'm not outgoing like her.

Perhaps, she thought she was acting concerned on my behalf.  Maybe that is why she was spreading malicious rumors about me, still acting concerned but in reality, ruining my credibility.

Perhaps he was just thinking of elevating his position that he used me to gain favor, although he wasn't deserving at all.  Still, he made up a story to make it appear that I didn't support him enough, so that some people would take pity on him and maybe discredit my decision.

Perhaps, she's just so full of anger inside her that everyone in her circle, even her own family is having a hard time being with her.  

Perhaps he thought he could make me happy, so he did his best to win my heart, only to leave me in the end and break my heart.  And he expects us to remain as good friends.

So many people who have hurt me in the past, and not one of them ever said they were sorry for hurting my feelings.  At some point, it has taken a toll on my whole well-being.  Maybe the anger gave me the adrenaline rush at the start.  But anger and unforgiveness are like wounds that never heal but rather fester.  That's what bitterness do.

I've been hurt, betrayed, humiliated.  I have been in pain and had sleepless nights in the past.  Sometimes, I cried myself to sleep.  

But none of that now.  

Perhaps, I don't have to wait for an apology or an acknowledgement that they have wronged me in the past.  I can forgive them all in my heart, right now.  In doing so, I am releasing myself from the bondage of bitterness.

Perhaps someday, God-willing, we will cross paths again and maybe heal the broken relationships.

But for now, perhaps, it is time to forgive and just let go.


"Let all bitterness and wrath and anger 
and clamor and slander be put away from you, 
along with all malice.  Be kind to one another, 
tenderhearted, forgiving one another, 
as God in Christ forgave you."
--- Ephesians 4:31-32 (ESV)



This is Day 27 of the series
31 Days of Free Writes: A Journey of Faith.
Read the rest of the posts here.

To read about what hundreds of others are writing
about, head on over this link and also here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis