Oct 9, 2015

{Day 9) Five Minute Friday: Trust



I've mentioned Oceans on Day 4 of this series, and now it comes back to mind once again.  I really love the song.  But am I really ready to do what the song asks for?  Take for instance this line:



Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders



I am now wrestling with something God is asking me to do in the coming days.  And it reminded me of the saying: "Be careful of what you ask for..."  God really took me on my words.  I was in  a momentary state of panic.  As the initial blow settled down, I was gripped with fear and uncertainty.

The Spirit did indeed lead me to this point...of having to tear down my walls and being vulnerable.  In the past, I have learned to trust God with provisions.  That was a struggle before, but now, with His grace I have overcome that.  I have trusted God with surrendering other things in my life, and I am working my way there also with His grace.  

Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever You would call me

And now, He asks me again to come out and walk on the waters.  This time, my feet are really shaky.  For a time, I was considering my other options.  But always, it leads me to the inevitable choice.  This will really strip me off of whatever pride I hold in me.


Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander

I suppose, God is stretching me further and teaching me to trust fully on Him with every aspect of my life.  One at a time, He asks me to surrender bits and pieces of my life to Him.  No holding back...

Can I do this, Lord?

And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Savior

I will just close my eyes, take a deep breath, and take that leap of faith for Your glory.


I will call upon Your Name
Keep my eyes above the waves

My soul will rest in Your embrace
I am Yours and You are mine



31 Days logo - 2015



This is Day 9 of the series
31 Days of Free Writes: A Journey of Faith.
Read the rest of the posts here.

To read about what hundreds of others are writing
about, head on over this link and also here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis